Synonyms of haywire
- 1. haywire, wire
- usage: wire for tying up bales of hay
- 1. balmy, barmy, bats, batty, bonkers, buggy, cracked, crackers, daft, dotty, fruity, haywire, kooky, kookie, loco, loony, loopy, nuts, nutty, round the bend, around the bend, wacky, whacky, insane (vs. sane)
- usage: informal or slang terms for mentally irregular; "it used to drive my husband balmy"
- 2. amiss(predicate), awry(predicate), haywire, wrong(predicate), malfunctioning (vs. functioning), nonfunctional
- usage: not functioning properly; "something is amiss"; "has gone completely haywire"; "something is wrong with the engine"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of haywire (Dictionary)