- 1. haunt, stalk, pursue, follow
- usage: follow stealthily or recur constantly and spontaneously to; "her ex-boyfriend stalked her"; "the ghost of her mother haunted her"
- 2. haunt, obsess, ghost, preoccupy
- usage: haunt like a ghost; pursue; "Fear of illness haunts her"
- 3. frequent, haunt, travel to, visit
- usage: be a regular or frequent visitor to a certain place; "She haunts the ballet"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. haunted, obsessed, preoccupied, taken up(predicate), concerned (vs. unconcerned)
- usage: having or showing excessive or compulsive concern with something; "became more and more haunted by the stupid riddle"; "was absolutely obsessed with the girl"; "got no help from his wife who was preoccupied with the children"; "he was taken up in worry for the old woman"
- 2. haunted, troubled (vs. untroubled)
- usage: showing emotional affliction or disquiet; "her expression became progressively more haunted"
- 3. haunted, inhabited (vs. uninhabited)
- usage: inhabited by or as if by apparitions; "a haunted house"
All rights reserved.
See also: haunted (Dictionary)