Synonyms of hatched
- 1. hatch, be born
- usage: emerge from the eggs; "young birds, fish, and reptiles hatch"
- 2. think up, think of, dream up, hatch, concoct, create by mental act, create mentally
- usage: devise or invent; "He thought up a plan to get rich quickly"; "no-one had ever thought of such a clever piece of software"
- 3. hatch, inlay
- usage: inlay with narrow strips or lines of a different substance such as gold or silver, for the purpose of decorating
- 4. hatch, line
- usage: draw, cut, or engrave lines, usually parallel, on metal, wood, or paper; "hatch the sheet"
- 5. brood, hatch, cover, incubate, reproduce, procreate, multiply
- usage: sit on (eggs); "Birds brood"; "The female covers the eggs"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hatched, born (vs. unborn)
- usage: emerged from an egg
- 2. hatched, crosshatched, shaded (vs. unshaded)
- usage: shaded by means of fine parallel or crossed lines
All rights reserved.