WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. harden, indurate, change
- usage: become hard or harder; "The wax hardened"
- 2. harden, indurate, change
- usage: make hard or harder; "The cold hardened the butter"
- 3. temper, harden, modify
- usage: harden by reheating and cooling in oil; "temper steel"
- 4. season, harden, toughen
- usage: make fit; "This trip will season even the hardiest traveller"
- 5. inure, harden, indurate, habituate, accustom
- usage: cause to accept or become hardened to; habituate; "He was inured to the cold"
All rights reserved.
See also: harden (Dictionary)