- 1. seaport, haven, harbor, harbour, port
- usage: a sheltered port where ships can take on or discharge cargo
- 2. harbor, harbour, refuge, sanctuary, asylum
- usage: a place of refuge and comfort and security
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. harbor, harbour, shelter
- usage: secretly shelter (as of fugitives or criminals)
- 2. harbor, harbour, keep, hold on
- usage: keep in one's possession; of animals
- 3. harbor, harbour, shield, hide, conceal
- usage: hold back a thought or feeling about; "She is harboring a grudge against him"
- 4. harbor, harbour, hold, entertain, nurse, feel, experience
- usage: maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings); "bear a grudge"; "entertain interesting notions"; "harbor a resentment"
All rights reserved.
See also: harbour (Dictionary)