Synonyms of handle
- 1. handle, grip, handgrip, hold, appendage
- usage: the appendage to an object that is designed to be held in order to use or move it; "he grabbed the hammer by the handle"; "it was an old briefcase but it still had a good grip"
- 1. manage, deal, care, handle, control, command
- usage: be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
- 2. treat, handle, do by, interact
- usage: interact in a certain way; "Do right by her"; "Treat him with caution, please"; "Handle the press reporters gently"
- 3. cover, treat, handle, plow, deal, address, broach, initiate
- usage: act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- 4. handle, palm, touch
- usage: touch, lift, or hold with the hands; "Don't handle the merchandise"
- 5. wield, handle, manage, manipulate
- usage: handle effectively; "The burglar wielded an axe"; "The young violinist didn't manage her bow very well"
- 6. handle, manipulate, keep in line, control
- usage: show and train; "The prize-winning poodle was handled by Mrs. Priscilla Prescott"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of handle (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.