Synonyms of hamper
- 1. shackle, bond, hamper, trammel, restraint, constraint
- usage: a restraint that confines or restricts freedom (especially something used to tie down or restrain a prisoner)
- 2. hamper, basket, handbasket
- usage: a basket usually with a cover
- 1. hamper, halter, cramp, strangle, restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
- usage: prevent the progress or free movement of; "He was hampered in his efforts by the bad weather"; "the imperialist nation wanted to strangle the free trade between the two small countries"
- 2. handicap, hinder, hamper, disadvantage, disfavor, disfavour
- usage: put at a disadvantage; "The brace I have to wear is hindering my movements"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of hamper (Dictionary)