- 1. hail, precipitation, downfall
- usage: precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents
- 2. hail, object, physical object
- usage: many objects thrown forcefully through the air; "a hail of pebbles"; "a hail of bullets"
- 3. hail, greeting, salutation
- usage: enthusiastic greeting
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. acclaim, hail, herald, applaud
- usage: praise vociferously; "The critics hailed the young pianist as a new Rubinstein"
- 2. hail, come, be
- usage: be a native of; "She hails from Kalamazoo"
- 3. hail, call, send for
- usage: call for; "hail a cab"
- 4. hail, herald, greet, recognize, recognise
- usage: greet enthusiastically or joyfully
- 5. hail, precipitate, come down, fall
- usage: precipitate as small ice particles; "It hailed for an hour"
All rights reserved.
See also: hail (Dictionary)