- 1. guttural, guttural consonant, pharyngeal, pharyngeal consonant, consonant
- usage: a consonant articulated in the back of the mouth or throat
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. croaky, guttural, cacophonous (vs. euphonious), cacophonic
- usage: like the sounds of frogs and crows; "a guttural voice"; "acres of guttural frogs"
- 2. guttural
- usage: relating to or articulated in the throat; "the glottal stop and uvular `r' and `ch' in German `Bach' are guttural sounds"
All rights reserved.
See also: guttural (Dictionary)