- 1. gum, put on, apply
- usage: cover, fill, fix or smear with or as if with gum; "if you gum the tape it is stronger"
- 2. mumble, gum, chew, masticate, manducate, jaw
- usage: grind with the gums; chew without teeth and with great difficulty; "the old man had no teeth left and mumbled his food"
- 3. gum, change
- usage: become sticky
- 4. gum, exude, exudate, transude, ooze out, ooze
- usage: exude or form gum; "these trees gum in the Spring"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gummed, gummy, adhesive (vs. nonadhesive)
- usage: covered with adhesive gum
All rights reserved.
See also: gummed (Dictionary)