WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. guideline, line
- usage: a light line that is used in lettering to help align the letters
- 2. road map, guideline, plan, program, programme, guidance, counsel, counseling, counselling, direction
- usage: a detailed plan or explanation to guide you in setting standards or determining a course of action; "the president said he had a road map for normalizing relations with Vietnam"
- 3. guidepost, guideline, rule of thumb, rule, regulation
- usage: a rule or principle that provides guidance to appropriate behavior
All rights reserved.
See also: guideline (Dictionary)