Synonyms of guide
- 1. usher, guide, escort
- usage: someone employed to conduct others
- 2. guide, leader
- usage: someone who shows the way by leading or advising
- 3. guidebook, guide, handbook, enchiridion, vade mecum
- usage: something that offers basic information or instruction
- 4. template, templet, guide, model, example
- usage: a model or standard for making comparisons
- 5. scout, pathfinder, guide, expert
- usage: someone who can find paths through unexplored territory
- 6. guide, structure, construction
- usage: a structure or marking that serves to direct the motion or positioning of something
- 1. steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise, control, command
- usage: direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- 2. lead, take, direct, conduct, guide
- usage: take somebody somewhere; "We lead him to our chief"; "can you take me to the main entrance?"; "He conducted us to the palace"
- 3. guide, steer, direct
- usage: be a guiding or motivating force or drive; "The teacher steered the gifted students towards the more challenging courses"
- 4. guide, guide on, orient, orientate
- usage: use as a guide; "They had the lights to guide on"
- 5. guide, run, draw, pass
- usage: pass over, across, or through; "He ran his eyes over her body"; "She ran her fingers along the carved figurine"; "He drew her hair through his fingers"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of guide (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.