- 1. greeting, salutation, acknowledgment, acknowledgement
- usage: (usually plural) an acknowledgment or expression of good will (especially on meeting)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. greet, recognize, recognise, address, accost, come up to
- usage: express greetings upon meeting someone
- 2. greet, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: send greetings to
- 3. greet, react, respond
- usage: react to in a certain way; "The President was greeted with catcalls"
- 4. greet
- usage: be perceived by; "Loud music greeted him when he entered the apartment"
All rights reserved.
See also: greeting (Dictionary)