Synonyms of green
- 1. green, greenness, viridity, chromatic color, chromatic colour, spectral color, spectral colour
- usage: green color or pigment; resembling the color of growing grass
- 2. park, commons, common, green, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area; "they went for a walk in the park"
- 3. Green, William Green
- usage: United States labor leader who was president of the American Federation of Labor from 1924 to 1952 and who led the struggle with the Congress of Industrial Organizations (1873-1952)
- 4. Green, environmentalist, conservationist
- usage: an environmentalist who belongs to the Green Party
- 5. Green, Green River
- usage: a river that rises in western Wyoming and flows southward through Utah to become a tributary of the Colorado River
- 6. green, putting green, putting surface, site, land site
- usage: an area of closely cropped grass surrounding the hole on a golf course; "the ball rolled across the green and into the bunker"
- 7. greens, green, leafy vegetable, vegetable, veggie, veg
- usage: any of various leafy plants or their leaves and stems eaten as vegetables
- 8. K, jet, super acid, special K, honey oil, green, cat valium, super C, ketamine, ketamine hydrochloride, Ketalar
- usage: street names for ketamine
- 1. green, discolor, discolour, colour, color
- usage: turn or become green; "The trees are greening"
- 1. green, greenish, light-green, dark-green, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of the color between blue and yellow in the color spectrum; similar to the color of fresh grass; "a green tree"; "green fields"; "green paint"
- 2. green
- usage: concerned with or supporting or in conformity with the political principles of the Green Party
- 3. green (vs. ripe), unripe, unripened, immature, unaged
- usage: not fully developed or mature; not ripe; "unripe fruit"; "fried green tomatoes"; "green wood"
- 4. green, ill (vs. well), sick
- usage: looking pale and unhealthy; "you're looking green"; "green around the gills"
- 5. fleeceable, green, gullible, naive (vs. sophisticated), naif
- usage: naive and easily deceived or tricked; "at that early age she had been gullible and in love"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of green (Dictionary)