- 1. grass, gramineous plant, graminaceous plant
- usage: narrow-leaved green herbage: grown as lawns; used as pasture for grazing animals; cut and dried as hay
- 2. Grass, Gunter Grass, Gunter Wilhelm Grass
- usage: German writer of novels and poetry and plays (born 1927)
- 3. supergrass, grass, informer, betrayer, rat, squealer, blabber
- usage: a police informer who implicates many people
- 4. eatage, forage, pasture, pasturage, grass, fodder
- usage: bulky food like grass or hay for browsing or grazing horses or cattle
- 5. pot, grass, green goddess, dope, weed, gage, sess, sens, smoke, skunk, locoweed, Mary Jane, cannabis, marijuana, marihuana, ganja
- usage: street names for marijuana
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. grass, shoot, hit, pip
- usage: shoot down, of birds
- 2. grass, cover
- usage: cover with grass; "The owners decided to grass their property"
- 3. grass, unfold, spread, spread out, open
- usage: spread out clothes on the grass to let it dry and bleach
- 4. grass, grass over, cover, spread over
- usage: cover with grass
- 5. grass, crop, graze, pasture
- usage: feed with grass
- 6. denounce, tell on, betray, give away, rat, grass, shit, shop, snitch, stag, inform
- usage: give away information about somebody; "He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"
All rights reserved.
See also: grass (Dictionary)