WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. graduation, completion, culmination, closing, windup, mop up
- usage: the successful completion of a program of study
- 2. commencement, commencement exercise, commencement ceremony, graduation, graduation exercise, exercise
- usage: an academic exercise in which diplomas are conferred
- 3. graduation, line
- usage: a line (as on a vessel or ruler) that marks a measurement; "the ruler had 16 graduations per inch"
- 4. gradation, graduation, quantification
- usage: the act of arranging in grades
All rights reserved.
See also: graduation (Dictionary)