- 1. graduate, receive, have
- usage: receive an academic degree upon completion of one's studies; "She graduated in 1990"
- 2. graduate, confer, bestow
- usage: confer an academic degree upon; "This school graduates 2,000 students each year"
- 3. calibrate, graduate, fine-tune, adjust, set, correct
- usage: make fine adjustments or divide into marked intervals for optimal measuring; "calibrate an instrument"; "graduate a cylinder"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. calibrated, graduated
- usage: marked with or divided into degrees; "a calibrated thermometer"
- 2. gradational, gradatory, graduated, gradual (vs. sudden)
- usage: taking place by degrees
All rights reserved.
See also: graduated (Dictionary)