- 1. grab, mechanical device
- usage: a mechanical device for gripping an object
- 2. catch, grab, snatch, snap, touch, touching
- usage: the act of catching an object with the hands; "Mays made the catch with his back to the plate"; "he made a grab for the ball before it landed"; "Martin's snatch at the bridle failed and the horse raced away"; "the infielder's snap and throw was a single motion"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. catch, grab, take hold of, seize, prehend, clutch
- usage: take hold of so as to seize or restrain or stop the motion of; "Catch the ball!"; "Grab the elevator door!"
- 2. snap up, snaffle, grab, take
- usage: get hold of or seize quickly and easily; "I snapped up all the good buys during the garage sale"
- 3. grab, move
- usage: make a grasping or snatching motion with the hand; "The passenger grabbed for the oxygen mask"
- 4. grab, obtain
- usage: obtain illegally or unscrupulously; "Grab power"
- 5. grab, seize, prehend, clutch
- usage: take or grasp suddenly; "She grabbed the child's hand and ran out of the room"
- 6. grab, seize, intrigue, fascinate
- usage: capture the attention or imagination of; "This story will grab you"; "The movie seized my imagination"
All rights reserved.
See also: grab (Dictionary)