- 1. knot, gnarl, distorted shape, distortion
- usage: something twisted and tight and swollen; "their muscles stood out in knots"; "the old man's fists were two great gnarls"; "his stomach was in knots"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gnarl, flex, bend, deform, twist, turn
- usage: twist into a state of deformity; "The wind has gnarled this old tree"
- 2. murmur, mutter, grumble, croak, gnarl, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath; "she grumbles when she feels overworked"
All rights reserved.
See also: gnarl (Dictionary)