- 1. girdle, skeletal structure
- usage: an encircling or ringlike structure
- 2. girdle, cincture, sash, waistband, waistcloth, band
- usage: a band of material around the waist that strengthens a skirt or trousers
- 3. corset, girdle, stays, foundation garment, foundation
- usage: a woman's close-fitting foundation garment
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. girdle, deaden, incise
- usage: cut a girdle around so as to kill by interrupting the circulation of water and nutrients; "girdle the plant"
- 2. girdle, gird, surround, environ, ring, skirt, border
- usage: put a girdle on or around; "gird your loins"
All rights reserved.
See also: girdle (Dictionary)