- 1. gild, begild, engild, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate with, or as if with, gold leaf or liquid gold
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. aureate, gilded, gilt, gold, golden, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: having the deep slightly brownish color of gold; "long aureate (or golden) hair"; "a gold carpet"
- 2. gilded, meretricious, specious, insincere (vs. sincere)
- usage: based on pretense; deceptively pleasing; "the gilded and perfumed but inwardly rotten nobility"; "meretricious praise"; "a meretricious argument"
- 3. deluxe, gilded, grand, luxurious, opulent, princely, sumptuous, rich (vs. poor)
- usage: rich and superior in quality; "a princely sum"; "gilded dining rooms"
- 4. gold, golden, gilded, metallic (vs. nonmetallic), metal(prenominal)
- usage: made from or covered with gold; "gold coins"; "the gold dome of the Capitol"; "the golden calf"; "gilded icons"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of gilded (Dictionary)