WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gilbert, Gb, Gi, magnetomotive force unit
- usage: a unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns
- 2. Gilbert, William Gilbert, William S. Gilbert, William Schwenk Gilbert, Sir William Gilbert
- usage: a librettist who was a collaborator with Sir Arthur Sullivan in a famous series of comic operettas (1836-1911)
- 3. Gilbert, William Gilbert
- usage: English court physician noted for his studies of terrestrial magnetism (1540-1603)
- 4. Gilbert, Humphrey Gilbert, Sir Humphrey Gilbert
- usage: English navigator who in 1583 established in Newfoundland the first English colony in North America (1539-1583)
- 5. Gilbert, Cass Gilbert
- usage: United States architect who influenced the development of the skyscraper (1859-1934)
All rights reserved.
See also: gilbert (Dictionary)