Synonyms of get away
- 1. pickup, getaway, acceleration
- usage: the attribute of being capable of rapid acceleration; "his car has a lot of pickup"
- 2. getaway, lam, escape, flight
- usage: a rapid escape (as by criminals); "the thieves made a clean getaway"; "after the expose he had to take it on the lam"
- 1. escape, get away, break loose, flee, fly, take flight
- usage: run away from confinement; "The convicted murderer escaped from a high security prison"
- 2. get off, get away, get by, get out, escape, avoid
- usage: escape potentially unpleasant consequences; get away with a forbidden action; "She gets away with murder!"; "I couldn't get out from under these responsibilities"
- 3. escape, get away, escape, get away, break loose
- usage: remove oneself from a familiar environment, usually for pleasure or diversion; "We escaped to our summer house for a few days"; "The president of the company never manages to get away during the summer"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.