WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gangway, passageway
- usage: a temporary passageway of planks (as over mud on a building site)
- 2. gangplank, gangboard, gangway, footbridge, overcrossing, pedestrian bridge
- usage: a temporary bridge for getting on and off a vessel at dockside
- 3. aisle, gangway, passageway
- usage: passageway between seating areas as in an auditorium or passenger vehicle or between areas of shelves of goods as in stores
All rights reserved.
See also: gangway (Dictionary)