Synonyms of gambit
- 1. gambit, ploy, remark, comment, input
- usage: an opening remark intended to secure an advantage for the speaker
- 2. ploy, gambit, stratagem, maneuver, manoeuvre, tactical maneuver, tactical manoeuvre
- usage: a maneuver in a game or conversation
- 3. gambit, chess move
- usage: a chess move early in the game in which the player sacrifices minor pieces in order to obtain an advantageous position
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of gambit (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.