WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. galley, vessel, watercraft
- usage: a large medieval vessel with a single deck propelled by sails and oars with guns at stern and prow; a complement of 1,000 men; used mainly in the Mediterranean for war and trading
- 2. galley, vessel, watercraft
- usage: (classical antiquity) a crescent-shaped seagoing vessel propelled by oars
- 3. galley, kitchen
- usage: the kitchen area for food preparation on an airliner
- 4. galley, ship's galley, caboose, cookhouse, kitchen
- usage: the area for food preparation on a ship
All rights reserved.
See also: galley (Dictionary)