- 1. frighten, fright, scare, affright, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: cause fear in; "The stranger who hangs around the building frightens me"; "Ghosts could never affright her"
- 2. frighten, chase away, drive out, turn back, drive away, dispel, drive off, run off
- usage: drive out by frightening
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. frightened, scared, afraid(predicate) (vs. unafraid)
- usage: made afraid; "the frightened child cowered in the corner"; "too shocked and scared to move"
- 2. panicky, panicked, panic-stricken, panic-struck, terrified, frightened, afraid(predicate) (vs. unafraid)
- usage: thrown into a state of intense fear or desperation; "became panicky as the snow deepened"; "felt panicked before each exam"; "trying to keep back the panic-stricken crowd"; "the terrified horse bolted"
All rights reserved.
See also: frightened (Dictionary)