Synonyms of fretted
- 1. fuss, niggle, fret, worry
- usage: worry unnecessarily or excessively; "don't fuss too much over the grandchildren--they are quite big now"
- 2. fret, worry
- usage: be agitated or irritated; "don't fret over these small details"
- 3. fret, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide (a musical instrument) with frets; "fret a guitar"
- 4. chafe, gall, fret, irritate
- usage: become or make sore by or as if by rubbing
- 5. fret, annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil
- usage: cause annoyance in
- 6. eat into, fret, rankle, grate, annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil
- usage: gnaw into; make resentful or angry; "The injustice rankled her"; "his resentment festered"
- 7. fret, carve
- usage: carve a pattern into
- 8. fret, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate with an interlaced design
- 9. choke, gag, fret, compress, constrict, squeeze, compact, contract, press
- usage: be too tight; rub or press; "This neckband is choking the cat"
- 10. rub, fray, fret, chafe, scratch, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: cause friction; "my sweater scratches"
- 11. erode, eat away, fret, damage
- usage: remove soil or rock; "Rain eroded the terraces"
- 12. fret, eat away, corrode, rust
- usage: wear away or erode
- 1. fretted (vs. unfretted)
- usage: having frets
- 2. fretted, interlaced, latticed, latticelike, reticulate (vs. nonreticulate), reticular
- usage: having a pattern of fretwork or latticework
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fretted (Dictionary)