- 1. French, Romance, Romance language, Latinian language
- usage: the Romance language spoken in France and in countries colonized by France
- 2. French, French people, nation, land, country
- usage: the people of France
- 3. French, Daniel Chester French
- usage: United States sculptor who created the seated marble figure of Abraham Lincoln in the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. (1850-1931)
- 1. French, cut
- usage: cut (e.g, beans) lengthwise in preparation for cooking; "French the potatoes"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. French, Gallic
- usage: of or pertaining to France or the people of France; "French cooking"; "a Gallic shrug"
All rights reserved.
See also: french (Dictionary)