Synonyms of fouled
- 1. foul, hit
- usage: hit a foul ball
- 2. pollute, foul, contaminate, dirty, soil, begrime, grime, colly, bemire
- usage: make impure; "The industrial wastes polluted the lake"
- 3. clog, choke off, clog up, back up, congest, choke, foul, obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up
- usage: become or cause to become obstructed; "The leaves clog our drains in the Fall"; "The water pipe is backed up"
- 4. foul, play
- usage: commit a foul; break the rules
- 5. foul, befoul, defile, maculate, dishonor, disgrace, dishonour, attaint, shame
- usage: spot, stain, or pollute; "The townspeople defiled the river by emptying raw sewage into it"
- 6. foul, dirty, soil, begrime, grime, colly, bemire
- usage: make unclean; "foul the water"
- 7. foul, change
- usage: become soiled and dirty
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. befouled, fouled, dirty (vs. clean), soiled, unclean
- usage: made dirty or foul; "a building befouled with soot"; "breathing air fouled and darkened with factory soot"
- 2. afoul(postnominal), foul, fouled, tangled (vs. untangled)
- usage: especially of a ship's lines etc; "with its sails afoul"; "a foul anchor"
All rights reserved.