Synonyms of fossilized
- 1. fossilize, fossilise, convert
- usage: convert to a fossil; "The little animals fossilized and are now embedded in the limestone"
- 2. fossilize, fossilise, senesce, age, get on, mature, maturate
- usage: become mentally inflexible
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fossilized, fossilised, ossified, inflexible (vs. flexible)
- usage: set in a rigidly conventional pattern of behavior, habits, or beliefs; "obsolete fossilized ways"; "an ossified bureaucratic system"
All rights reserved.