WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. forfeit, forfeiture, loss
- usage: something that is lost or surrendered as a penalty;
- 2. forfeit, forfeiture, penalty
- usage: a penalty for a fault or mistake that involves losing or giving up something; "the contract specified forfeits if the work was not completed on time"
- 3. forfeit, forfeiture, sacrifice, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act of losing or surrendering something as a penalty for a mistake or fault or failure to perform etc.
All rights reserved.
See also: forfeiture (Dictionary)