- 1. forest, wood, woods, vegetation, flora, botany
- usage: the trees and other plants in a large densely wooded area
- 2. forest, woodland, timberland, timber, land, dry land, earth, ground, solid ground, terra firma, biome
- usage: land that is covered with trees and shrubs
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. afforest, forest, plant, set
- usage: establish a forest on previously unforested land; "afforest the mountains"
All rights reserved.
See also: forest (Dictionary)