- 1. foreboding, premonition, presentiment, boding, apprehension, apprehensiveness, dread
- usage: a feeling of evil to come; "a steadily escalating sense of foreboding"; "the lawyer had a presentiment that the judge would dismiss the case"
- 2. foreboding, omen, portent, presage, prognostic, prognostication, prodigy
- usage: an unfavorable omen
- 1. predict, foretell, prognosticate, call, forebode, anticipate, promise, guess, venture, pretend, hazard
- usage: make a prediction about; tell in advance; "Call the outcome of an election"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fateful, foreboding(prenominal), portentous, prophetic (vs. unprophetic), prophetical
- usage: ominously prophetic
All rights reserved.
See also: foreboding (Dictionary)