- 1. foray, raid, maraud, penetration, incursion
- usage: a sudden short attack
- 2. foray, attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try
- usage: an initial attempt (especially outside your usual areas of competence); "scientists' forays into politics"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plunder, despoil, loot, reave, strip, rifle, ransack, pillage, foray, take
- usage: steal goods; take as spoils; "During the earthquake people looted the stores that were deserted by their owners"
- 2. foray, penetrate, perforate
- usage: briefly enter enemy territory
All rights reserved.
See also: foray (Dictionary)