Synonyms of foiling
- 1. frustration, thwarting, foiling, hindrance, hinderance, interference
- usage: an act of hindering someone's plans or efforts
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. foil, contrast, counterpoint
- usage: enhance by contrast; "In this picture, the figures are foiled against the background"
- 2. thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, cross, frustrate, baffle, bilk, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
- 3. foil, cover
- usage: cover or back with foil; "foil mirrors"
All rights reserved.