Synonyms of focusing
- 1. focus, focusing, focussing, focal point, direction, centering, concentration, engrossment, absorption, immersion
- usage: the concentration of attention or energy on something; "the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology"; "he had no direction in his life"
- 2. focalization, focalisation, focusing, intensification
- usage: the act of bringing into focus
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: direct one's attention on something; "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
- 2. focus, sharpen
- usage: cause to converge on or toward a central point; "Focus the light on this image"
- 3. concenter, concentre, focalize, focalise, focus, align, aline, line up, adjust
- usage: bring into focus or alignment; to converge or cause to converge; of ideas or emotions
- 4. focus, focalize, focalise, adjust, conform, adapt
- usage: become focussed or come into focus; "The light focused"
- 5. focus, focalize, focalise, sharpen, adjust, set, correct
- usage: put (an image) into focus; "Please focus the image; we cannot enjoy the movie"
All rights reserved.