- 1. flute, transverse flute, woodwind, woodwind instrument, wood
- usage: a high-pitched woodwind instrument; a slender tube closed at one end with finger holes on one end and an opening near the closed end across which the breath is blown
- 2. flute, flute glass, champagne flute, wineglass
- usage: a tall narrow wineglass
- 3. flute, fluting, groove, channel
- usage: a groove or furrow in cloth etc (particularly a shallow concave groove on the shaft of a column)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flute, crimp, pinch
- usage: form flutes in
All rights reserved.
See also: flute (Dictionary)