- 1. floor, flooring, horizontal surface, level
- usage: the inside lower horizontal surface (as of a room, hallway, tent, or other structure); "they needed rugs to cover the bare floors"; "we spread our sleeping bags on the dry floor of the tent"
- 2. flooring, building material
- usage: building material used in laying floors
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shock, floor, ball over, blow out of the water, take aback, surprise
- usage: surprise greatly; knock someone's socks off; "I was floored when I heard that I was promoted"
- 2. deck, coldcock, dump, knock down, floor, beat
- usage: knock down with force; "He decked his opponent"
All rights reserved.
See also: flooring (Dictionary)