- 1. flex, flexion, flexure
- usage: the act of flexing; "he gave his biceps a flex to impress the ladies"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flex, shrink, contract
- usage: contract; "flex a muscle"
- 2. flex, flaunt, flash, show off, ostentate, swank
- usage: exhibit the strength of; "The victorious army flexes its invincibility"
- 3. bend, flex, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: form a curve; "The stick does not bend"
- 4. flex, bend, move
- usage: bend a joint; "flex your wrists"; "bend your knees"
- 5. flex, bend, deform, twist, turn, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form; "bend the rod"; "twist the dough into a braid"; "the strong man could turn an iron bar"
All rights reserved.
See also: flex (Dictionary)