Synonyms of flare up
- 1. outburst, burst, flare-up, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: a sudden intense happening; "an outburst of heavy rain"; "a burst of lightning"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flare up, ignite, light
- usage: ignite quickly and suddenly, especially after having died down; "the fire flared up and died down once again"
- 2. erupt, irrupt, flare up, flare, break open, burst out, intensify, deepen
- usage: erupt or intensify suddenly; "Unrest erupted in the country"; "Tempers flared at the meeting"; "The crowd irrupted into a burst of patriotism"
All rights reserved.