- 1. flag, emblem
- usage: emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design
- 2. masthead, flag, list, listing
- usage: a listing printed in all issues of a newspaper or magazine (usually on the editorial page) that gives the name of the publication and the names of the editorial staff, etc.
- 3. iris, flag, fleur-de-lis, sword lily, iridaceous plant
- usage: plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals
- 4. flag, signal flag, visual signal
- usage: a rectangular piece of fabric used as a signalling device
- 5. pin, flag, golf equipment
- usage: flagpole used to mark the position of the hole on a golf green
- 6. flag, flagstone, paving stone
- usage: stratified stone that splits into pieces suitable as paving stones
- 7. flag, tail
- usage: a conspicuously marked or shaped tail
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flag, sign, signal, signalize, signalise
- usage: communicate or signal with a flag
- 2. flag, mark
- usage: provide with a flag; "Flag this file so that I can recognize it immediately"
- 3. sag, droop, swag, flag, sink, drop, drop down
- usage: droop, sink, or settle from or as if from pressure or loss of tautness
- 4. flag, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate with flags; "the building was flagged for the holiday"
- 5. ease up, ease off, slacken off, flag, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: become less intense
All rights reserved.
See also: flag (Dictionary)