- 1. suit, accommodate, fit, meet, fit, conform to
- usage: be agreeable or acceptable to; "This suits my needs"
- 2. fit, go, fit
- usage: be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired; "This piece won't fit into the puzzle"
- 3. meet, fit, conform to, match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- usage: satisfy a condition or restriction; "Does this paper meet the requirements for the degree?"
- 4. fit, shape, form
- usage: make fit; "fit a dress"; "He fitted other pieces of paper to his cut-out"
- 5. fit, adapt, accommodate
- usage: insert or adjust several objects or people; "Can you fit the toy into the box?"; "This man can't fit himself into our work environment"
- 6. match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree, equal, be
- usage: be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
- 7. fit, be
- usage: conform to some shape or size; "How does this shirt fit?"
- 8. equip, fit, fit out, outfit, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose; "The expedition was equipped with proper clothing, food, and other necessities"
- 9. match, fit, adjust, set, correct
- usage: make correspond or harmonize; "Match my sweater"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fitted
- usage: being the right size and shape to fit as desired; "a fitted overcoat"; "he quickly assembled the fitted pieces"
All rights reserved.
See also: fitted (Dictionary)