- 1. fishing, sportfishing, outdoor sport, field sport
- usage: the act of someone who fishes as a diversion
- 2. fishing, commercial enterprise, business enterprise, business
- usage: the occupation of catching fish for a living
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fish, angle, search, seek, look for
- usage: seek indirectly; "fish for compliments"
- 2. fish, catch, grab, take hold of
- usage: catch or try to catch fish or shellfish; "I like to go fishing on weekends"
All rights reserved.
See also: fishing (Dictionary)