Synonyms of finisher
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. closer, finisher, reliever, relief pitcher, fireman
- usage: (baseball) a relief pitcher who can protect a lead in the last inning or two of the game
- 2. finisher, racer, race driver, automobile driver
- usage: a racing driver who finishes a race
- 3. finisher, painter
- usage: a painter who applies a finishing coat
- 4. finisher, worker
- usage: a worker who performs the last step in a manufacturing process
- 5. finisher, racer, race car, racing car
- usage: a race car that finishes a race
- 6. finisher, racer
- usage: an animal that wins in a contest of speed
All rights reserved.