WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fibril, filament, strand, fiber, fibre
- usage: a very slender natural or synthetic fiber
- 2. filament, stalk, stem
- usage: the stalk of a stamen
- 3. filament, filum, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: a threadlike structure (as a chainlike series of cells)
- 4. filament, wire, conducting wire
- usage: a thin wire (usually tungsten) that is heated white hot by the passage of an electric current
All rights reserved.
See also: filament (Dictionary)