- 1. favor, favour, kindness, benignity
- usage: an act of gracious kindness
- 2. favor, favour, advantage, vantage
- usage: an advantage to the benefit of someone or something; "the outcome was in his favor"
- 3. favor, favour, inclination, disposition, tendency
- usage: an inclination to approve; "that style is in favor this season"
- 4. favor, favour, approval
- usage: a feeling of favorable regard
- 5. party favor, party favour, favor, favour, keepsake, souvenir, token, relic
- usage: souvenir consisting of a small gift given to a guest at a party
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. prefer, favor, favour, promote, upgrade, advance, kick upstairs, raise, elevate
- usage: promote over another; "he favors his second daughter"
- 2. favor, favour, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: consider as the favorite; "The local team was favored"
- 3. favor, favour, spare, save
- usage: treat gently or carefully
- 4. privilege, favor, favour, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: bestow a privilege upon
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of favor (Dictionary)