- 1. fathom, fthm, linear unit, linear measure
- usage: a linear unit of measurement (equal to 6 feet) for water depth
- 2. fathom, fthm, volume unit, capacity unit, capacity measure, cubage unit, cubic measure, cubic content unit, displacement unit, cubature unit
- usage: (mining) a unit of volume (equal to 6 cubic feet) used in measuring bodies of ore
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. penetrate, fathom, bottom, understand
- usage: come to understand
- 2. fathom, sound, quantify, measure
- usage: measure the depth of (a body of water) with a sounding line
All rights reserved.
See also: fathom (Dictionary)