- 1. fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing, restraint, constraint
- usage: restraint that attaches to something or holds something in place
- 2. fastening, attachment, joining, connection, connexion
- usage: the act of fastening things together
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fasten, fix, secure, attach
- usage: cause to be firmly attached; "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
- 2. fasten, attach
- usage: become fixed or fastened; "This dress fastens in the back"
- 3. fasten, attach
- usage: attach to; "They fastened various nicknames to each other"
- 4. tighten, fasten, change, alter, modify
- usage: make tight or tighter; "Tighten the wire"
All rights reserved.
See also: fastening (Dictionary)