- 1. hesitation, waver, falter, faltering, pause
- usage: the act of pausing uncertainly; "there was a hesitation in his speech"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. falter, waver, hesitate, waver, waffle
- usage: be unsure or weak; "Their enthusiasm is faltering"
- 2. falter, waver, move
- usage: move hesitatingly, as if about to give way
- 3. stumble, falter, bumble, walk
- usage: walk unsteadily; "The drunk man stumbled about"
- 4. bumble, stutter, stammer, falter, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: speak haltingly; "The speaker faltered when he saw his opponent enter the room"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of falter (Dictionary)